This is a beginning. I think I should have started this a while ago but here goes my maiden voyage in blogging!
A little overview about me- I LOVE Jesus! Also I have a hubby and a sweet yellow lab named Kona. She is our only child so far. We desire to have children, but it hasn't worked out so far. I truly desire to adopt (and have had that desire for 10+ years now) but my husband isn't quite ready for it (and maybe never will be). We are only on our 3rd year of marriage though...we have time, God willing.
I was raised on a farm in the amazing state of Nebraska, paid mostly for college by Pole Vaulting and picked up a little Spanish and Pottery and a lot of Sign Language along the way. After college I became a Strength Coach and Personal Trainer...then a Substitute Teacher & Pole Vault coach. Now THAT was a good time! I learned a lot about patience in those years. In 2011 I married my awesome husband Les and I became a housewife, online retailer, customer service representative, photographer, and bookkeeper. I still coach Pole Vault and I have added Homeschool PE Teaching to that resume since getting married. I love to wear my many hats but my favorite is housewife and COOK!
Since January 2013, I have been out of the state or country at least every month. Not bad for this housewife! It has been a whirlwind of a year! God has been doing a revival in my marriage and my life and I am so excited to be a part of it. Just when I thought my travels were about to be over, in June I was presented with an opportunity to go on a trip with my fellow church family, to Kampala, Uganda!! We will be visiting the Tender Hearts Baby's Home to help them with the building of a new baby's home. Tender Hearts With the approval of my husband, but the denial of his attendance, it became clear that I would get to go on this journey with 8 others from my church. I cannot begin to tell you how excited we are!!!
With that being said, I have asked God through this trip, to increase my desire for adoption, or to subdue it. In addition, I have been praying for Him to strengthen my husband's desire, or to have his direction be my answer. God is faithful. But God may not have adoption in our future. I trust Him...trust is the only choice I have. God has been the only...the ONLY constant in my life since I can remember. Every choice I have made, and throughout everything that has ever happened to me (good or bad), God has been with me through it ALL.
So I intend to journal about this Uganda experience but I decided I wanted to begin writing about it before we leave. We leave on September 11th...28 days to go. Follow us on this journey and join us in praising God as we see Him reveal Himself to us and the people of Uganda!
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. -Romans 12:12
No comments:
Post a Comment