This has been the most wonderful pre-Christmas season. I have had more time to spend in the Word and God has brought so many topics up to me through my Bible study (self & group).
I have still not purchased any yarn or clothing for myself. I did purchase 2 new casual scarves to use as slings during my recovery from my shoulder surgery. It hasn't been hard at all to not purchase clothing but the yarn...that's difficult. I have to avoid my favorite craft stores. So hard!
This season has been so wonderful. I have been so blessed with so many people (old and new) in my life and only God can be credited for that.
My prayer life an Spiritual walk have become so much stronger since my daily Bible reading.
On my prayers lately have been the Robertson family (aka duck dynasty). They are really good Christian spokes-people and they need our prayers and support right now. They let the light of Christ shine in the mainstream spotlight in a way I have never seen before. I am so thankful they are our family in Christ and how great of examples they are!! Could you try to remember this family next time you talk to The Lord?
More prayers include children and women who cannot bear children (due to internal issues or husband's internal issues, etc.) I'm not sure if I am technically "unable" to bear children because I have been pregnant but I have never successfully given birth, or made it past the first trimester. But now, we simply can't get a positive test. So women who share these problems and trials are dear to my heart. I feel so sympathetic to our desire to raise a child. But I also believe that God is allowing us to go through this to give other women hope and to give them a kind of love and support that they can only find from women in similar situations. Could you take a minute to pray for a woman in your life who is having trouble with conception? I am reminded of a favorite passage of mine:
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance produces character; and character produces hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. (Romans 5:3-5 NIV)
We REJOICE in our sufferings!! Paul wasn't saying to simply be thankful or optimistic about our sufferings but he said to REJOICE! Rejoice is defined as "to feel or show great joy or delight."
Am I showing delight or joy in my sufferings? I believe I am starting to. I am really thankful that God has given me a platform. An open window into women's lives though this. I am thankful that I have a mother and cousin who volunteered to be a surrogate should I ever need one. That is a very very sweet thing of them to offer. I am thankful for the Biblical women who were barren and had amazing testimonies to be written about. I am thankful my husband doesn't resent me. I am thankful for the extra time I get to spend with other people's children since I don't have my own. I'm thankful I get to teach homeschool PE!
So much to be thankful for. I am thankful for a young woman who carried my Lord for 9 months to give birth to him so he could sacrifice his life and save us. I am most thankful for that.
Starting January 1, I will be reading the 1-Year Bible reading plan and would like to invite any readers to join me in an accountability group of readers. Let me know if you are interested! Click below to print out the plan.
May God bless your Christmas- but mostly, may you bless GOD with your actions and form of worship on Christmas. To God be the glory!!

No comments:
Post a Comment