2014 has a lot of promise and exciting things to look forward to! THE WINTER OLYMPICS!!! I am a huge fan of ice skating (spectating and doing it myself), Snowboarding (I prefer boarding over watching it but it is still fun!) and those are pretty much my favorites in the winter :)
But more than important than the Olympics....
I
feel the Lord has asked to start a revival this year. I wasn’t sure what that
meant until He started reminding me that I have still not read the ENTIRE
Bible. I have probably read most of it, but I cannot say that I have read ALL
of it. I am ashamed to be 28 now and a Christian for over 20 years and to STILL not have the One and Only ordained text we have from our God...completely read.
He placed several girlfriends on my heart this month to offer them a chance to have an
accountability group of reading God’s word this year in 2014!! I am so excited
to do it!! I have tried once before and made it to May but I made excuses and
never finished. I am ashamed of my failure.
I would like to extend the invitation to my blog readers.
Would you dedicate this year of 2014 to the year YOU join me in reading the
entire Bible? Even if you have read it all before, why not do it again!?!?!
Let’s start a revival! If this year succeeds, then next year we could EACH ask
1-2 people to read it with us (and we read it again in a different translation).
Can you imagine the kind of revival God will create!?!?! Year after year!!
Please RSVP to this invitation by email (audraleichleiter@hotmail.com), iMessage text (through my iPad), or phone call (although my phone
is broken so email/iMessage is best). I am excited to have this accountability!!! I will
be sending daily and/or weekly texts/emails and probably blogging about this challenge
as well. Please join me! I am so excited to DAILY read God’s precious Word that
He has given us!!!!
Please let me know if you want to join in. I am reading this year in the New King James Version. I am thinking of reading ALL of the Bibles I have each year and then buying a new one each year but I'm jumping ahead of myself. I am just SOOOOO Excited!!!!
Here is the link I am using. You can print them off as bookmarks or email me for my version of brightly colored ones :)
http://www.oneyearbibleonline.com/
I'll try to post favorites or most awe-inspiring verses as the days go on. PLEASE pray that God places this on your heart as well and LET'S START A REVIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In CHRIST,
Audra!!!
P.S. I've had a few incidents (neck, shoulder) where I've been laid up for a bit so if you're interested in having any hats, scarves, mittens, boot cuffs, etc. knitted or crocheted, please let me know :)
No comments:
Post a Comment